Incidences of obesity are rapidly increasing in India and today our country ranks third amongst the most obese countries of the world. Obesity is a serious disease that is caused due to metabolic disorders that can lead to further complicated health conditions such as heart diseases, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, knee joint problems, breathing problems, sleep apnea and liver ailments.
Bariatric surgery commonly known as weight loss surgery is one of the most effective solutions for people with very high BMI (higher than 40kg/m2) who instituted but failed an adequate exercise and diet program (with or without adjunctive drug therapy) and who present with obesity-related comorbid conditions, such as hypertension, impaired glucose tolerance, diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidaemia, and obstructive sleep apnea. In Bariatric Surgery, weight loss is achieved through:
– Reducing the size of the stomach by removing a portion of the stomach (sleeve gastrectomy)
– By resecting and re-routing the small intestine to a small stomach pouch (gastric bypass surgery)
– Or with mini bypass surgery which uses a combination of above mentioned methods
Advantages of Bariatric Surgery
Besides significant and sustained weight loss, there are several benefits including freedom from comorbid conditions:
- Reduces a person’s risk of premature death by 30 – 40%
- Blood sugar levels for patients with type II diabetes improve almost immediately and become completely normal within a year after surgery
- Considerable improvement in blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Relief from sleep apnea, asthma and acid reflux
- Decrease in arthritis pain and improved mobility
- Most importantly, great improvement in self-esteem and confidence for the individual
At Citizen Specialty Hospital, Bariatric team is led by an eminent surgeon, Dr. Suresh Chandra Hari.
The team of surgeons is supported by a team of round-the-clock specialists including qualified Gastroenterologists, Anaesthetists, ICU Specialists, Dieticians, experienced Pulmonologists, Critical Care Specialists, Cardiologists and Physiotherapists in addition to a group of trained nurses.
The team of bariatric surgeons adheres to international guidelines in patient selection for bariatric surgery in order to minimize morbidity and post-operative complications. The surgery is proven to have reduced up to 90% of the excess weight successfully in some cases.
Bariatric Surgery Doctors Hyderabad, Weight Loss Surgery Doctors Hyderabad, Laparoscopic Surgery Doctors Hyderabad, General Surgery Doctors Hyderabad, Fat reduction Surgery Doctors Hyderabad, Liposuction surgery Doctors Hyderabad, Sleeve Gastrectomy Hyderabad, Bilo-pancreatic diversion Hyderabad, Gastric bypass surgery Doctors Hyderabad, Incisional Hernia Surgery Doctors Hyderabad, Hernia Surgeon doctors Hyderabad